Anthem Social Worker (LCSW) Albany, NY; Atlanta, GA or St. Louis, MO - 132848 in Albany, New York
/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Social Work Case Manager - Integrated Health Model (132848) Location: Albany, New York
TheSocial Work Case Manageris responsible for ensuring effective psychosocial intervention, positively impacting a patient's ability to manage his/her chronic illness.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes available community, government, and/or client resources needed to address participant's limitations or support interventions in the management of the participant's chronic condition.
- Manages behavioral and psychosocial needs that result in improved clinical and financial outcomes and delivers social work interventions.
- Assists members to effectively utilize available resources to meet their personal health needs and help them develop their own capabilities.
- Evaluates members' ability to independently manage self and locate alternative resources when limitations are identified via a Social Work Psychosocial evaluation. Provides guidance to members seeking alternative solutions to specific social, cultural or financial problems that impact their ability to manage their healthcare needs.
- Evaluates members' strengths related to health self-management, develops strategies to support healthcare needs and implements plans in support of case decisions.
- Facilitates and coordinates behavioral health resources as individual member needs are identified.
- Requires an MS (at a minimum) in Social Work; 3 years of experience in case management in a health care environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted New York LMSW or LCSW (or equivalent) license is required.
Title: Social Worker (LCSW) Albany, NY; Atlanta, GA or St. Louis, MO - 132848
Requisition ID: 132848