Exterran Buyer Intermediate in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type:Full Time
Location:OK - Broken Arrow
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Position Summary: Experienced and fully proficient buyer responsible for initiating purchasing requests made by departments; Contacts vendors, and requests materials and follows-up to ensure delivery date and payments are made
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Aggressively negotiates PO pricing, deliveries, and terms and conditions with domestic and international suppliers
· Drafts and issues RFQs
· Seeks and evaluates new sources of supply
· Resolves pricing discrepancies
· Generates return to vendor if delivery is incorrect
· Maintains an awareness of current market conditions and information to keep abreast of sources and prices
· Participates in and implements supplier consolidations, national agreements and supplier process improvement initiatives
· Keeps abreast of procurement requirements and insures suppliers understand procurement priorities and meets delivery requirements
· Pursues target costs with suppliers in an aggressive manner.
· Make substitution recommendations where savings in cost or better delivery can be realized.
· Obtain and analyze quotations on nonstandard items and continually audit prices of standard materials and supplies.
Preferred Skills/Experience:Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university; Minimum eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Apply To This Job