Macy's Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective, Flex: Fairfax, VA, Fair Oaks II in Fairfax, Virginia
The Flex Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective’s primary responsibility is to prevent the loss of company property while maintaining a safe business environment. Support store’s efforts in providing the best customer service within a controlled environment so as to ensure maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable. Under general supervision and established procedures, the Flex Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective detects and apprehends shoplifters and dishonest employees.
The Flex schedule is designed to allow Macy's to flex up staffing during key events and peak selling times, and allows you the flexibility to maintain your current responsibilities while earning extra money and enjoying a retail discount of up to 20%. If you have a flexible availability and think that you would enjoy a fast-paced retail environment, then this may be the opportunity for you!
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other people who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with federal and state law in alignment with company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Promote shortage awareness and theft deterrence among associates by conducting meetings and participating in training events
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection / Loss Prevention training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Conduct audits to ensure sales department compliance to merchandise exposure standards and Asset Protection / Loss Prevention policies.
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective is summoned
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Manager
- Responds to alarm conditions at assigned store
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Be on stand by in the event of an incident, call-off, or during high volumes of foot traffic in the store
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position. * Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. * Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment. Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal ** Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Job: Asset Protection
Req ID: 71256511