General Dynamics Information Technology Systems Architect in Fairfax, Virginia
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and definition of effective system architectures for new or existing computer systems. Must demonstrate proven experience working with a large enterprise distributed computing environment. The ideal candidate will excel in a team environment, yet able to work independently.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Performs expert-level systems development and design work that includes computer architecture analysis and design.
o Performs advanced system modeling, simulation, and analysis.
• Coordinate with internal IT and Division stakeholders to determine requirements.
• Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or approved projects.
• Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
• Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
• Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Utilizes logical problem solving to find creative solutions to problems in the environment.
• Creates and update technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
• May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
• Support IT goals and objectives including measures and projects.
• Ensures that system improvements and changes are implemented correctly and completely, and monitor all effects of the modifications.
• Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.
• Provides after hours and on-call support as required.
• Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Masters degree preferred.
15-20 years of related systems engineering experience. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems.
• Strong record of operational success engineering solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
• Expert knowledge of system engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• A solid understanding of computing technologies.
• Experience in engineering "Cloud" based solutions.
• A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.