Mutual of Omaha Recruiter - (Southern California DO - Los Angeles) in Los Angeles, California
Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that s reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial service products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders and our dedication to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Millions of individuals, families and small businesses across America rely on Mutual of Omaha for their individual insurance and financial service s needs. The products of our Individual Financial Services business unit and our representatives personalized service help maintain this position of leadership.
TheRecruiterin theSouthern California Division Office in Los Angelesworks to build a successful team of advisors by sourcing, recruiting, selecting, and assisting with the development of candidates and new advisors based on the vision and goals of the division office.
Essential Job Functions:
Support the recruiting effort and target recruiting goals of the agency to include:
Generate a candidate pipeline utilizing various sources (internet, college, personal observation, referrals, etc.)
- Establish professional relationships to identify potential candidates
- Conduct candidate testing through the selection process
- Develop a social media strategy for driving engagement to the division office page
- Manage candidate pipeline
- Support candidates through the process of transitioning into the advisor position
- Review advisor contract and compensation arrangements with selected applicants to ensure there is a clear understanding and acceptance of contract and compensation provisions and clauses
Support the training effort and training goals of the agency to include:
Develop, implement and coordinate a training program and schedule for both new and veteran agents
- Conduct ongoing evaluation and analysis of program accuracy and effectiveness
- Conduct new and veteran agent training (CDP, product, sales methods, prospecting, etc.)
- Evaluate agents following their training
- Maintain training records and results for all trainees
- Work with the District Sales Managers and General Manager in managing the performance of new agents while in training
- Ensure that prerequisites are obtained for attendance in Home Office schools and overseeing licensing requirements of the advisors
- Act as a continuing education coordinator for the office and maintaining records on agent licenses and designations obtained
- Promote agent participation in industry associations
- Stay current on all Company and industry training and recruiting information, materials, methods, programs and improvements to ensure Division Office activities are up-to-date and managed effectively. Make recommendations for enhancements as appropriate. Ensure all applications and forms are current and in compliance with Company recruiting practices.
- Stay current and comply with all State Insurance Department license requirements as well as individual state continuing education requirements.
- Continuously expand industry knowledge by joining industry associations and taking courses in an effort to obtain industry designations.
- This position requires up to 25% travel, which may include flying and /or driving and some over night stays and a valid driver's license.
This job posting is reflective of the Advisor Recruiting Technician essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Advisor Recruiter and Sr. Advisor Recruiterhas variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong training and motivation skills
- Excellent communication, human relations, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of sales techniques and marketing philosophies
- Knowledge of Social media marketing
- Successful career as a Financial Advisor
- Knowledge of local job market, established centers of influence, and/or relationships built with local universities
- Previous recruiting or sales experience within local market
- Knowledge of advisor contracting and compensation programs
- Knowledge of applicable state laws and regulations regarding agent licensing and insurance sales preferred
- Detailed product knowledge, with expertise in life, annuity, disability and critical illness insurance products
- Current licensure or ability to become licensed with Mutual, United and any required Affiliate Company in the state(s) required for the agency
- Strong employee and advisor recruiting, selection, training and retention skills.
- Current possession of or ability to attain Series 6 (Investment Company/Variable Contracts Limited Representative) and where applicable, Series 63 (Uniform Securities State Law Exam) registrations within 120 days of placement in the job. Series 26 (Investment Company/Variable Contracts Limited Principal) should be completed within 90 days of appointment or receiving Securities License (S6 & S63)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location: CA-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 029639