Cigna QA and Testing Sr Specialist, QNXT Solutions Delivery in Maryland, Maryland
** Nashville highly preferred, but open to candidate sitting in other locations or full-time WAH
What will you be doing?
This is an opportunity to be a part of a total Testing & Quality Assurance approach to enterprise application testing here at Cigna-HealthSpring. The QA team member will be responsible for the overall IT Quality.
- Design, develop and code SQL programs to execute backend tests.
- Design a comprehensive testing strategy as a part of IT Quality and Compliance department.
- Design, develop and maintain regression test beds and schedule test cycles.
- Design & build test suites.
- Leverage the testing process and test tool kit to create re-useable test assets.
- Implement QA process and testing automation projects to improve the overall testing cycle.
- Identify testable events and develop the test cases / test scripts.
- Identify and capture test data to support the test cases defined by the testing team.
- Report regression test results and analysis.
- Utilize appropriate testing tools.
- Participate in the development and support of the testing program aimed at supporting multiple testing efforts simultaneously.
- Assist with test strategy articulation, planning, and management of individual testing events.
- Provide regular contributions to the test management reporting.
- Validate problem resolutions and software fixes as well as track issues and defects.
- Understand the business risk and implications of introducing new software or hardware into the production environment.
- May provide leadership on various QA projects.
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative team environment!
- Professional and personal development opportunites
- A working environment that embraces diversity
What do you need for this position?
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience with technical training, is required.
- Programmer level knowledge of SQL is required.
- 7 years of QA/Software Testing experience in large cross platform testing programs preferably in Database backend testing.
- Testing/Working experience with Healthcare IT and familiarity with healthcare IT terminology, business functions and processes.
- Strong database experience in SQL server databases and proficiency in Transact SQL.
- Experience with deciphering complex SQL stored procedures is required.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments with staggered deadlines.
- Must have good interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Background in QNXT or other claims management system
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Nashville-Tennessee
Other Locations: United States-Connecticut, United States-Alabama, United States-Maryland, United States-Pennsylvania, United States-All Cigna Office Locations, United States-Georgia, United States-Illinois, United States-Work From Home Jobs, United States-Arizona, United States-Virginia, United States, United States-Tennessee, United States-Texas, United States-Florida, United States-District of Columbia
Job: IT--App Dev & Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 2:21:40 PM