Macy's Macy's Backstage Seasonal Retail Sales Team Member, Full Time: Sunrise Mall in Massapequa, New York
Job Overview: A Macy’s Backstage Seasonal Team Member Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable by performing sales and support tasks including but not limited to cashiering at point of sale and mobile point of sale stations; unloading, unpacking, and proper placement of merchandise; ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner; promotional event and sale sign set-up and removal, and replenishment of the selling floor.
- Proficiency in cashiering and operation of Point of Sale and Mobile Point of Sale systems
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Handle all sales and returns courteously and professionally
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care, invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Maintain a positive attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Point of Sale procedures
- Maintain department recovery standards, including fitting room go backs
- Receive and unload new merchandise from truck, unpack merchandise from vendor boxes, remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
- Take photos of new merchandise and upload to Sharepoint
- Place sensors on goods according to standards, hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor
- Assist in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Assist customers carrying large purchases to parking and recover shopping carts from parking lot as needed
- Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely and accurately
- Use RF scanning equipment to determine mark downs and mark correct price on merchandise based on price changes
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures; follow shortage programs and procedures
- Maintain store cleanliness standards, including cash wrap, back office and restrooms as needed
- Perform the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor, and perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No specific educational degree is required.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Excellent communication skills.
Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Able to use calculator.
Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
Must have good time management skills.
This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members. Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of Radio Frequency (RF) equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Massapequa
Job: Seasonal Customer Service
Req ID: 710108327