Sprint Network Engineer I in Overland Park, Kansas
Plans, designs and implements networked systems of small scope and lower complexity. Provides engineering services and project management functions required to develop and implement non-complex network plans. Projects include technology changes within the platforms, new implementation guidelines and/or standards. Analysis includes switching, interconnection, national platforms and backbone facilities. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons under the guidance of the supervisor or seasoned engineer.
Sprint is seeking a Network Operations Technician candidate for a role in our Roaming Service Assurance team. The Roaming Service Assurance team is responsible for resolving all inbound/outbound network roaming issues impacting domestic and international travelers on CDMA, GSM, and LTE networks. This position is in the Tier III team supporting Tier II & III customer resolutions. The Roaming Service Assurance team also manages and/or participates in capital and expense projects that affect roaming.
You have a broad knowledge within telecommunications and data networking, covering hardware, software and network knowledge. You enjoy working with people from around the world and across various disciplines, from customer technical staff to local authorities. You are self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand your knowledge.
Additional position requirements:
- Proven track record of pursuing and meeting team/individual objectives is required.
- Proven ability to build strong operational relationships, negotiate and resolve conflicts related to technical issues both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to communicate both written and orally to peers, and management to include conducting training at these various levels.
- Consistently demonstrates exceptional capacity for taking ownership of issues through/to resolution.
- Proven ability at taking a logical and orderly approach to analyzing problems, organizing work and planning actions.
- Proven ability at working with teams and with being flexible with approaches to completing tasks (both technical and nontechnical issues).
- Demonstrates adaptability to new ideas regardless of source.
- Proven ability to consistently work with people from various backgrounds where English is not the primary language.
- The candidate must be able to participate in a rotating, 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or four years related work experience post high school
- One year project management experience
- Highly experienced (2+ years) in managing wireless roaming partners and resolving roaming issues related to CDMA, GSM and LTE networks in the areas of Voice, SMS & Data Services.
- 2+ years working with CRX, GRX & IPX providers.
- Possess CISCO, Network+ or Security+ or A+ certification(s).
- One year experience working with routers, bridges, concentrators and switches.
- One year project management experience or equivalent experience/education in project management.
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980 .
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster ; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster ; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster ; Pay Transparency Notice Poster ; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster .