Macy's Seasonal Retail Overnight Replenishment, Full Time: Garden State Plaza in Paramus, New Jersey
* Job Overview: *
The Holiday/Temp Overnight Replenishment is responsible for all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Holiday Retail Support Associate arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Essential Functions: *
• Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary. • Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority • Complete holiday shipment process in accordance to productivity standards and ensure floor readiness • Place sensors on goods according to MSS standards • Hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor • Collect cardboard boxes and trash and discard in the appropriate compacting receptacle • Complete all processing activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines • Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets. • Assist in replenishment of stock onto the sales floor • Assist in inventory and markdown processes • Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries • Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping • Process damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise • Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment. • Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function • Daily hanger collection and sorting • Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached • Be sensitive to store’s needs and flex into other non-selling areas as needed • Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable • Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures • Assist with special projects as assigned • Perform other duties as necessary • Follows shortage programs and procedures
• Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. • Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• May involve reaching above eye level. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other skills: *
• Must be able to work quickly and effectively to process large volumes of merchandise.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Paramus
Job: Other Non-Selling/Support
Req ID: 710108368