Anthem Staff Vice President, Pharmacy Sales and Account Management-132799 in Pomona, California
This position is responsible for developing and implementing new sales and client retentions strategies and providing leadership for Anthem Pharmacy Solutions with management oversight of all of the Account Executives, and Sales. In this capacity, the position works directly with the VP, Sales & Account Management of Anthem Pharmacy Solutions to ensure successful alignment of pharmacy services team efforts in support of business objectives, creating the pharmacy strategy for the business for renewals and new client prospects. Primary interfaces include the existing clients, prospective clients, consultants, Sales, Account Management, Clinical Program Managers, Underwriting, Government Business Division Subject Matter Experts, Pharmacy Operations, Analytics, and Compliance.
_ _ _Key Challenges/Job Complexity_ * Manage segment P&L to exceed op gain and membership targets * Able to develop immediate credibility and long-term consultative relationships with Blue Cross Blue Shield Association members, clients, Consultants, Pharmacy Sales/Account Directors, and Senior Human Resource pharmacy experts. * Exceed the retention and new pharmacy sales goals by focusing on key opportunities and relationships * High quality service focusing on custom requirements and installations for a large group of clients * Recruiting, motivating and retaining high quality sales/account executives. * Developing consultative and business acumen skills for the account client-facing organization. * Leveraging skills to refine Anthem’s pharmacy message into successful market-facing messages to both existing clients and prospects.
_Primary Responsibilities/Expected Contributions_ * Develop and champion pharmacy sales/account management vision, mission, strategy, and group objectives. * Provides executive leadership for the development of training materials/forums to educate associates on pharmacy programs and how to effectively sell groups on the pharmacy value proposition. * Provides executive leadership for pharmacy client proposals, pricing, and repricing. * Communicate pharmacy sales/account issues in the context of overall healthcare and serve as a resource for client-specific concerns. * Maintain ongoing opportunities for sharing of best-practices among Anthem Pharmacy Solutions team and promote an efficient account service model. * Identify opportunities for product improvement to meet the needs of clients and advocate for appropriate change. * Maintain positive senior level relationships with clients and other key leaders. * Client management and retention – client satisfaction results for clinical services, superior client retention rate, long-term client relationships * Lead client margin and collaborate with pharmacy clinical account services for clinical positioning up-selling * People management – employee satisfaction, growth and retention * Collaborate with pharmacy clinical staff in evaluating prospective client claims data to identify clinical opportunities to leverage in the sales process. * Attend select best & final presentations to supplement the prospective account team. * Drive pharmacy product and growth.
- BA/BS required MBA preferred. 5 years of professional/leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible PBM account mgmt and/or operations experience in the managed care industry, 5 years management experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Must have thorough understanding of account management principles/tools and pharmacy pricing.
- Business, Clinical and Operational acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven relationship building capability
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to lead people and foster people development
- Ability to meet deadlines with high quality
Title: Staff Vice President, Pharmacy Sales and Account Management-132799
Requisition ID: 132799