Microsoft Corporation Principal Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Division: Cloud and enterprise
The Azure Cosmos DB engineering team is a team with a culture that values results, engineering quality, technical excellence, and grassroots innovation. Joining the Azure Cosmos DB team is a fantastic opportunity to work with highly talented engineers operating like a startup to deliver on our next set of big challenges. As the growth of the service takes on a giant leap in the next couple years we have many challenges in the Service and Engineering Fundamentals areas that need strong technical leaders to help overcome. We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to take on an area, solve the big problem and drive for impact.
The work scope includes one or more of the following areas:
• Build new service infrastructure to support expanded business offerings of Cosmos DB in the cloud and on-prem.
• Build new deployment infrastructure to scale service deployment to large number of clusters and increase our release cadence and agility.
• Build new engineering infrastructure including cloud based source control, build and test framework to drastically increase productivity and engineering agility.
• Use data-driven approach to build operational insights and drive operational excellence.
• Oversees the lifecycle of service delivery and service monitoring, find new and innovative ways to detect defects and control livesite quality.
• With a focus on engineering velocity, provide our own engineers with the best set of development tools and empower every engineer on the team to do their best work.
We are looking for
• Senior software engineers with strong customer passion, accountability and drive who is able to take initiative and accomplish big goals.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a can do attitude: Self-starter, project finisher and adaptable
• Great communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly.
• Strong design and problem solving skills, with a bias for architecting at scale.
• Hands-on experience at shipping a large scale, commercial, online-software solution.
• 7+ years of experience with coding in one of C, C++ and C#, Java.
• Experience with improving service operations or engineering fundamentals.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• A Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of work experience) in computer science
• At least 7 years of experience building and shipping production software or services.
• Experience in developing cloud services, service management and service operation tools.
• Experience in developing and maintaining engineering systems and tools that support large development teams.
• Experience working with large code base and complicated systems.
• Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Development (engineering)