Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer: Front-end & UI in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft runs on trust. As our lives and businesses are becoming increasingly digitized, trust is the glue that holds our world together. To create and enhance this trust, we must proactively protect our customers, partners and Microsoft from operational risk. Some of the specific risks we mitigate in this space include fraud, corruption, counterfeiting, theft, impersonation, and harmful content. To do this, we work across vast ecosystems containing troves of data. We also work with the very latest technologies available as we build and scale modern, customer-centric solutions that offer unparalleled levels of risk protection. With every new transaction, our services get smarter and our customers get safer.
Our Vetting & Forensic Services team subscribes to a 'lean startup' culture in managing products that include OneVet, Forensic Linguistics, Content Moderator and several undisclosed services. We embrace collaboration, agility, and the belief that experimentation (failing fast) drives innovation. In our daily work, we demonstrate growth mindset, integrity, grit, vision, curiosity and courage; we require you to bring those values as well. When you join this award-winning team, you will become a member of talented and diverse cohort of growth hackers-- each of whom have big hearts and small egos. You will work with experts across domains that include business process automation, cloud architecture, AI/ML/NLP, computer vision, cybersecurity, philanthropy and operations. When surveyed anonymously, 100% of our team agreed that their roles had real purpose, and their job was more than just a job.
Now let's talk about you. We are seeking a uniquely talented, insatiably curious software engineer who is passionate about developing delightful user experiences and creating solutions to complex problems. You love being a creative software engineer and you are excited about the future. You relish the opportunity to create world-impacting solutions that most people wouldn't believe are possible, yet you also feel motivated when contributing in small ways. You want to build best-in-class, highly scalable cloud solutions using robust coding practices and new tech. If this sounds like you, and you buy into the values and vision of our team, then come help us build a foundation of trust for our world's digital future.
• Design, develop and support highly scalable, responsive web applications and services
• Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
• Collaborate with colleagues including product owners, UX designers, data scientists and other engineers to create delightful and meaningful experiences for our customers
• Write state-of-the-art code to keep our applications at the cutting edge of current technology
• Bring a passion for learning new technologies, current industry trends and constantly bringing those into your work and to the team
• Demonstrate a sense of pride, commitment and personal accountability for the end-to-end product
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3 years minimum of experience working with Web 3.0 apps(SPA) including TypeScript, AngularJS, React and modern open-source web frameworks or similar
• Experience in designing and integrating web services (REST)
• Experience with one of more of the following: .NET Framework, ASP.Net, SQL
• Strong problem-solving skills with balanced interaction and visual design skills
• Understanding of UX principles and ability to participate in design discussions
• Ability to pick up, understand and communicate complex concepts
• Experience shipping large, high-volume services and/or responsive modern UI
• Strong object-oriented design skills
• Exposure to Agile software delivery; acceptance test driven development and/or test-driven development preferred.
• Experience with cloud development (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Familiarity with TFS and the Application Lifecycle Management using VSTS
• Masters in Computer Science or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Supply chain & operations management