Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II in Redmond, Washington
Do you want to help build the big data pipeline and infrastructure that defines key experiences for hundreds of millions of customers? Together we will make an impact on how customers experience Windows applications. We will process petabytes of data every single day, we will find signals in the noise, we will build infrastructure that redefines how data is consumed and reported. We believe being curious and continuing to learn helps us grow. We aspire to create without fear and to lead by doing. We do what is best for our customers. We deliver the metrics that help Windows Applications run their business.
We develop tools & infrastructure that empowers app teams to make data driven decisions. We are always pushing the boundaries to crunch more and more data with minimal latency. We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and experienced software engineer with big data analytics skills to join us.
If you: look for novel ways to gain insights from data, love to tell stories with those insights, are looking to delight millions of users or are passionate about driving data-based decisions to solve strategic challenges, this job is for you. Your work will ensure customers are happy with a highly polished and personal everyday experience.
You will be responsible for understanding how Windows’ customers use essential features and how functionalities we develop would fulfill our customers’ needs. You will analyze the data you build to influence feature development and continuously improve customer happiness over time.
You should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques that can help us improve our Telemetry and Experimentation Services Systems as well as help us answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner.
• Work with partners, product managers and developers to develop & review designs and business requirement
• Create new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage
• Apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze product quality, experiments and user behavior
• Support internal team requests for data, work with teams to analyze data and bring value to help the organization take decisions
• Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels
• Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to non-technical audiences
• Present the insights you find in a concise and effective manner
• Collaborate with partners and drive analytic projects end to end
• 3-5 years of industry experience
• Degree in Computer Science OR Mathematics OR Statistics
• Experience with C# and SQL or R
• Large scale computing systems like Azure Data Lake, Hadoop and/or similar systems
• Familiarity with common data analytical and statistical techniques
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.