USAA C# Developer in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
C# Developers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. C# developer’s primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, C# developers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an intermediate-level position. Incumbents acquire and apply maturing knowledge of the business, its products, and or processes and may participate in all phases of software development lifecycle. C# developers work with limited guidance on moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution.
We are currently seeking a talented C# Developer – Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX facility.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity.
- With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages.
- May begin to identify issues that impact availability.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of work experience in the Information Technology field, OR successful completion of Veterans for IT (VetFIT) training program in combination with USAA Internship(s) and USAA work experience AND,
- 2+ years of developer experience specific to C#
- Experienced in Agile Methodology
- Experienced in working with business partners on requirement gathering.
- Experienced in Full Software development life cycle.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and resolving production software problems.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
C# Developer TX-San Antonio R0007990