Macy's Retail Maintenance Electrician, Full Time: Tacoma, WA, Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, Washington
* Job Overview: *
Electricians work in stores as assigned by their District Facilities Manager. Completes repairs, installations, and modifications, on all components of electrical switchgear, motors, emergency generators, control systems, HVAC, and related equipment in Macy’s Stores. Electrician executes specific designated preventative maintenance of Electrical switchgear, motors, emergency generators, relay systems, and related equipment in assigned Macy’s stores as directed.
Essential Functions: *
• Performs emergency repairs on all Electrical switchgear, motors, emergency generators, relay systems, energy management systems, and related equipment. • Prepares and maintains computer equipment records for all Electrical switchgear, motors, emergency generators, relay systems, energy management systems, and related equipment. • Energy Management related tasks and repairs are considered minimally 20% of the required essential job responsibilities. • Submits work order completion, material requisition, and equipment data documentation on a timely basis using a computer based system. • Must possess a valid Driver’s License. • Some intermittent out of town travel is required. • Must be able to read electrical ladder diagrams and schematics, and have proven motor control experience. (As part of the interview process applicants will be required to physically demonstrate their motor control wiring ability.) • Ability to work safely around customers and employees. • Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications. • Excellent trouble shooting and electrical diagnostic skills are required. • Ability to work without direct daily direct supervision. • Ability to travel between stores to complete repairs as required. • Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
• 5 years minimum experience in hands-on repairs, diagnosis, and maintenance of Electrical switchgear, motors, emergency generators, and related equipment in a commercial or industrial electrical environment; • Experience with Energy Management Systems, VFDs, or HVAC Controls is desirable.
Communication Skills: *
- * • Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • Must be physically able to lift, push, pull, heavy loads. Must be able to work from and carry ladders, working height to 30’.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. • Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Tacoma
Job: Facilities and Building Maintenance
Req ID: 71474574