USAA Property Adjuster in Tampa, Florida
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjusts moderately complex to complex property claims presented by or against our insured to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution. Recognizes life events, understands member's needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to members.
We are currently looking for a talented Property Adjuster for our Tampa, FL, Colorado, CO, Chesapeake, VA, San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ locations.
- Provides PROPERTY claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail/) to members and third party customers.
- Adjusts moderately complex to complex property claims. Severity of claims includes personal property claims involving moderate to high dollar value, structure claims involving moderate to high dollar value and severity, ALE claims, Section II liability claims involving lower severity physical damage, and writing UPP and moderate valued dwelling estimates.
- Specialty unit(s) may handle low complexity boat claims.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages, and USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals, performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CAT events.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years relevant property claims adjusting experience, including 1+ years experience handling dwelling claims.
- Intermediate knowledge of Xactimate, Symbility, Simsol, or other estimating platform.
- Advanced knowledge of Xactanalysis, Xact Contents, or similar tools and platforms.
- Intermediate knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjusters license within designated number of attempts.
- Bachelors degree
- Prior experience working directly for an insurance provider
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Property Adjuster FL-Tampa R0008487