Macy's Tampa, FL - Macy's Logistics: Maintenance Mechanic III, Full Time in Tampa, Florida
* Job Overview: *
Performs preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on material handling equipment to include but not limited to material handling equipment, powered equipment, and physical building structures. Works independently on tasks, but also works as part of a team on work or projects as designated by the Manager or Supervisor. Performs diagnostics and uses trouble-shooting skills to analyze, improve and repair equipment. Performs work required for the repair, maintenance, installation, and modernization of electrical systems for the equipment, building and grounds. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures for electrical troubleshooting and maintenance of industrial equipment.
Essential Functions: *
• Trouble shoot and repair material handling equipment including sorters and conveyors. Identify problems requiring outside vendors and inform the Manager or Supervisor. • Performs preventative maintenance on material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical and electrical components. Reports any problems to the Manager or Supervisor. • Utilize the computerized maintenance management system. Monitors, reports, and documents the usage and replacement of equipment and parts. • Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair. • Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part. • Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces parts. • Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment. • Trouble shoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on power lift equipment, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic. • Able to read and diagnose electrical problems utilizing electrical schematics. • Maintains a safe work environment. Reports potential safety concerns. Cleans work areas and the maintenance shop. • Maintains and troubleshoots PLCs. • Knowledge of 3Phase, 48OV, 277V, 24OV, Single Phase 120V, 12V and transformers for equipment and the building. • Assist in design and application of the computerized maintenance management program. • Knowledge of AC/DC current, line voltage and low voltage. • Understand operations and function of electrical components such as relays, contactors, starters, fuses, capacitors, and solenoids. • Troubleshoot analyze, repair and perform preventive maintenance on all distribution center equipment. • Monitor report and document the usage and replacement of spare parts. • Apply standard, safe electrical practices using proven methods and NEC Code. • Install wiring, conduit, and other electrical distribution devices. • Troubleshoot, repair, and / or replace electrical sensors, switches, motors, and other electrical devices • Knowledge of operation and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA welding and cutting. • Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
• Must possess proficient knowledge and continuous adherence of OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the MLO Safety program standards. • Ability to identify and correct hazards and address unsafe behaviors to drive safety performance and adherence to the MLO Safety Programs, OSHA, State and Federal regulations while elevating issues and concerns in a professional manner with appropriate cadence.
- Education/Experience: *
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); five years related experience or training or equivalent combination thereof in mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance in a distribution center or industrial environment targeting one or more of the following: material handling equipment, power lift equipment, electronic / electrical installation and equipment diagnosis, or facilities maintenance
Communication Skills: *
- * • Excellent written and verbal communication skill; • Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Adds, subtracts, and multiplies in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: *
- * • Lifts and moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work Hours: *
• Flexibility in work schedule.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Job: Maintenance and Engineering
Req ID: LOG06168