AbbVie Scientist II, Cell Culture Process Development in Worcester, Massachusetts
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
A Scientist II position is available within the Cell Culture group of the Process Sciences Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The group is responsible for developing and supporting upstream manufacturing processes for clinical programs. We strive for speedy delivery of quality processes that are high yield, manufacturing friendly, robust and have desirable product quality attributes. The group interacts closely with Cell Line Development, Pilot Lab, Purification, and Protein Analytics within the department. Outside of the department, the group interacts closely with Manufacturing, Quality, and CMC. We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative scientist to help support AbbVie’s robust and growing biologics pipeline and contribute to the continuous improvement and innovation within the organization.
- Independently design, execute, and interpret critical experiments for process development and innovation.
- Effectively communicate experiment progress and results to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Perform tech transfer to Manufacturing; provide support during GMP manufacturing.
- Document work appropriately in electronic lab notebooks. Organize data for trending and in-depth analysis.
- Author complete or portions of technical reports, patent applications, and scientific publications.
- Mentor and train junior scientists.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and GMP compliance
- B.S. with 7 or more years of experience or M.S. degree with 5 or more years of experience in upstream process development in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry setting.
- Deep knowledge in mammalian cell physiology and metabolism highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge in related functional areas, such as purification, protein analytics, CMC, and/or regulatory would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, and master new concepts, techniques, and technologies.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Worcester
Req ID: 1704863
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled