Abbott Senior Director, Business Development & Strategy in Abbott Park, Illinois
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save (https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/strategy-and-strength/tackling-student-debt-for-our-employees.html) student debt program and FreeU (https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/strategy-and-strength/college-degree-for-free-its-possible-with-freeu.html) education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The job purpose and scope of the Senior Director, EP Business Development & Strategy is to lead through direct and/or coordinated effort the implementation of sales management best practices and field force adoption of the product/franchise specific sales processes intended for implementation of EP’s highest priority strategies. This role will be expected to work closely with the US Commercial leaders and other functional groups including sales operations and marketing. This role is considered critical in developing multi-year business strategies as defined and executed effectively in the Commercial space and marketing assumptions are evaluated and adjusted based on sales performance and sales leadership feedback. This leader has responsibility to oversee Strategic Pricing and Contracting, Strategic Accounts, Commercial Development, National ICE, and the Capital Sales Team. This requires leadership to guide strategy on how EP can capitalize on key strategic accounts and oversee the pricing function which will be responsible for developing pricing strategies for key product launches. This role will be responsible for developing new account strategies and to build those strategies into robust plans to engage our top customers. In terms of strategic development, it is critical that this role integrates perspectives and solutions from the field, marketing, R&D, legal, compliance, senior leadership, and health economics and reimbursement.
What You’ll Work On
• Implementation and adoption of the franchise specific global sales processes and related tools for use by managers and field sales personnel. Expectations include responsibility for coordinating with global marketers and commercial leaders to drive execution alignment of established sales processes and sales training initiatives. This includes defining strategic intentions, ensuring alignment of annual operating goals with marketing strategies, implementing as required the supporting technical systems, and leading change management efforts where needed, and finally analysis/communication of related commercial insights.
• Develops the core strategies and tactics to drive Abbott EP performance (sales and market share results) across the largest and most complex accounts in the country. These accounts drive the majority of the divisions revenue and profit. This high impact position within the Abbott EP organization will also be focused on raising the level of strategy, skills, and execution across the entire EP sales organization.
• Provide operational management for DVP of US sales: 1) Monitor organization/business performance metrics and act when needed 2) Provide insights to the business through pricing analytics and market research as required (market, customer, competitive) 3) Partner with the leadership team to develop business plans, structure company initiatives, identify key themes and mitigation plans, and make connections for opportunities across functional areas 4) Lead the implementation of commercial operations best practices, including to further new sales opportunities 5) Collaborate with Enterprise Accounts team to design and implement financial and educational programs which help leverage contracting to grow all EP portfolios
• Gain deep understanding of specific account situations and think three steps ahead to maximize our position. Run frequent strategic sessions that bring together diverse sets of internal stakeholders to pressure test, refine, and hone strategy across key accounts.
• Oversee the pricing and contracts function which will develop pricing strategies for key products in the US EP Market
• Providing analyses and implications of key learnings to be applied in the development of future best practices as related to field-level sales and marketing practices, KPI’s, selling skills, sales management training.
• Mastery of EP management systems including salesforce and Power BI along with other systems as designated will be required.
• Partners with Marketing on the development of US tradeshow strategies to ensure effective customer engagement and communication through conferences. Create and drive platform for senior leadership engagement to deliver EP vision.
• BA/BS degree, MBA desirable with preferred focus on Strategy, or Marketing.
• 10 plus years of successful sales, sales management (Area Vice President level experience), marketing management, or training experience and / or, 10 plus years of progressively responsible experience in Consulting/Project Management with the following specific experience: Line responsibility and/or project experience in the Commercial area (country/brand/functional strategies, execution/implementation of efficiency programs, and change management,).
• Ability to work collaboratively, internally, and externally.
• Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
• Strong ability to lead a team and work in a group environment, including interaction with Senior / Executive level leadership.
• Must be highly analytical; possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation, and teamwork skills.
• Must possess excellent oral, written presentation, and communication skills.
• Must be systematically oriented and understand the relationship and necessity of process to strategy.
• Experience with digital sales tools, execution tools, and sales force automation.
• Ability to think strategically, develop frameworks and platforms that ensure optimal and unfettered access to business tools, assets and capabilities Demonstrated management skill.
• Proven ability to employ various flexible communications vehicles to drive messaging across a broad, varied, and dispersed commercial organization.
• Strong understanding of a product and clinical data with the ability to communicate salient points to customers and the field force.
• Ability to travel > 60%
• Experience in Medical Device or EP industry is strongly preferred.
Apply Now (https://www.jobs.abbott/us/en)
- Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $155,300.00 – $310,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs