Weyerhaeuser Forest Engineering Specialist in Aberdeen, Washington
Weyerhaeuser's North Washington Region is searching for a Forest Engineering Specialist on the Aberdeen operations team, located in Aberdeen, Washington. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Area Manager with salary level dependent on skills and experience. As a Forest Engineering Specialist, you will plan and manage field engineering activities, which requires active involvement in harvest unit and road layout, road construction and road maintenance activities and harvest unit scheduling/planning.
You will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, management, and layout of field engineering activities associated with timber harvest, road construction, and road maintenance. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing the engineering plan, in compliance with the regional and area engineering strategy, along with the annual budget
- Advocating, modeling and inspecting for safe work practices
- Developing and tracking budgets and key metrics
- Contract administration; negotiate, prepare, supervise, monitor for compliance, invoice management
- Forecasting engineering projects and expenditures
- Acting as company representative with landowners, government agencies, and community representatives
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal safety statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals
Collaborating with others on the area and region teams to ensure alignment with goals and objectives
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Forest Engineering or related fieldORan equivalent combination of education and work experience; Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with at least 3 years’ working experience preferred
- Willingness to abide by established safety standards
- Knowledge of state and federal wildlife, water, and Washington forest practice rules/statutes
- Familiarity of northwest forest practices permitting processes
- Team building, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Geographical Information Systems
- Ability to develop, prioritize, plan, implement and manage activities to meet targets and deadlines with occasional extended work periods and weekend work
- Experience in project management and contract administration
- Willing to work independently in an office setting and travel to destinations in the woods.
- Willing to spend a minimum of 50% of work time in the field, working on steep or broken ground covered with slash and brush, and in all weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license, as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year)
What We Offer
Compensation:This role is eligible for our annual merit-increase program, and we are targeting a salary range of $66,703 - $100,055 based on your level of skills, qualifications and experience. You will also be eligible for our Annual Incentive Program, which offers a cash bonus targeting 5% of base pay. Potential plan funding may range from zero to two times that target.
Benefits: When you join our team, you and your dependents will be offered coverage under our comprehensive employee benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We offer a pre-tax Health Savings Account option which includes a company contribution. Other benefit options are also available such as voluntary Long-Term Care and Employee Assistance Programs. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor a host of diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career.
Retirement:Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, which includes a paid company match in addition to our annual contribution equal to 5% of your base salary.
Paid Time Off or Vacation:We provide eligible employees who are scheduled to work 25 hours or more per week with 3-weeks of paid vacation to use during your first year of employment. In addition, after being employed for six months, eligible employees begin to accrue vacation for future use. We also recognize eleven paid holidays per year, providing a total of 88 holiday hours
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five corevaluesand we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Forest Engineering Specialist
Requisition ID: 01020664
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs