Marriott Franchised Director of Purchasing in Anaheim, California
Job Number 23097476
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location The Westin Anaheim Resort, 1030 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, California, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Wincome Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Purchasing works closely with various departments at Westin, Avenue of the Arts and The Anaheim Hotel in sourcing products, supplies, materials and equipment; negotiates the most cost-effective purchases according to the specifications; gives advice to department heads on new trends of products and supplies; manages inventory controls to meet departments' needs; and will be in charge of creating a centralized purchasing program for the hotels and supervising the operation and all employees in the Purchasing and Storeroom.
• This position has 4 direct reports.
• You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
• This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised. Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees. Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
• Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
• When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
• Will interview and hire all purchasing staff for opening of Westin Anaheim Hotel.
• Oversee the implementation and compliance of the Avendra procurement program for the hotels and corporate office.
• Manage the Birchstreet purchasing systems and be the company expert for all system related issues, training, upgrades and its effective use throughout the company.
• Prepare and analyze proposals and determine appropriate selection of suppliers based on the company standards and expectations.
• Manages and audits inventory
• Negotiate cost effective purchases for all supplies and services, while meeting all guidelines and quality specifications.
• Examine and review proposed products and services to determine compliance with departmental specifications or standards, suggest substitute items when beneficial.
• Analyze market conditions.
• Review of vendor/contractor history
• Review the requests and specifications recommended by department heads.
• Purchasing, coordination of FF&E and OS&E items as required for capital projects.
• Primary focus and responsibility for the procurement process for FF&E and OS&E for the Westin Anaheim Resort which is under construction at this time and set to open in August 2020
• Be knowledgeable and provide guidance on shipping, logistics, warehousing, customs and import rules/laws and processes.
• Standardize items in common use to eliminate unnecessary variations/features and lower costs through bulk purchasing.
• Analyze trade journals, catalogues, directories and other technical material with respect to market and price conditions.
• Initiate and implement research of new products and technologies
• Conduct monthly/quarterly inventories.
• Review stock inventory levels and purchase patterns
• Maintain internal control and audit requirements
• Prepare necessary purchasing documents
• Check and approve purchase orders
• Maintain library of resource materials.
• Prepare/Update all records, log books, journals, involving purchasing standards and procedures.
• Provide accounting staff with required approved documentation.
• Develop specific departmental goals and plans.
• Communicate departmental status to Financial Controller on a determined periodical basis.
• Promote and maintain effective communication and interactions with all departments.
• Continually strive to create a more professional, effective, and productive department.
• Purchases must remain in line with budget and forecasted business levels.
• Maintain an Inventory turnover ratio within industry standards.
• Order brand standard products unless you have written approval from GM's.
• Send RFP's out for new quotes no less than once a year.
• Prepare par and inventory standards for all departments.
• Manage and maintain product returns and credits with the accounting department.
• Ensure all hotel inventories are properly secured.
• Perform audits with hotel security and accounting staff.
• Dress in a professional business attire.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years in hospitality with related purchasing experience in a full-service hotel with 500 rooms.
• Complete knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry, purchasing policies and procedures.
• Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Birchstreet and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
• Should have prior experience with Avendra or similar purchasing platform.
• Must be able to travel to various properties.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Marriott Jobs