HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist in Anchorage, Alaska
Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Occupational Therapist.
Questions? Contact Karen Nay, recruiter atKaren.Nay@hcahealthcare.comor call/text at (385) 237-7440.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment for select roles and facilities.
As an Occupational Therapist at our facility you will have find out what it truly means to be a part of a collaborative team where diversity and inclusion thrive. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. Join us in our efforts to better our community! In this role:
- You will provide evaluation, implementation of Plan of Care, and treatment of patients with physical/cognitive disabilities and pain within the scope of practice of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- You will participate in a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement therapeutic interventions and instructional programs pertinent to Occupational Therapy for a variety of patient populations.
- You will be responsible for understanding current treatment philosophy and procedures and documenting treatments in a compliant manner.
- You will assist patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- You will instruct and supervise Students and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants in the proper handling and treatment of assigned patients.
- You will participate in operational aspects of the department, including performance improvement activities within the department and CQI activities.
- You will attend staff and other meetings and participate in unit committees, such as education, quality improvement, etc.
- You will maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends in occupational therapy and participate in program development, development of new procedures, service lines, and changes as needed.
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- State ofAlaska Occupational Therapist License
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- One year of acute/rehab experience preferred
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-7747