HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker Case Management in Anchorage, Alaska
Social Worker - Case Management Full Time Alaska Regional Hospital
Work to Live, Don't Live to Work Join our team in beautiful Anchorage, Alaska at Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Social Worker.
Questions? Contact Karen Nay, recruiter atKaren.Nay@hcahealthcare.comor call/text at (385) 237-7440.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment for select roles and facilities.
As a Social Worker in Case Management you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and background to help our patient populations at Alaska Regional. You will be joining a collaborative team that values extraordinary patient care and dedication to one another. In this role:
- You will assist patients and families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum medical benefits.
- You will collaborate with physicians, case managers, and other healthcare team members in patient evaluation and treatment to further their understanding of significant social and emotional factors underlying the patient’s health problem.
- You will help patient and family members through individual or group conferences to increase their desire and ability to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations.
- You will provide services planned to restore patients to their optimum social and health capacities.
- You will utilize community resources to assist patients in resuming life in their community or to help them live within limits of disability.
- You will complete psychosocial assessments and assist with discharge planning for patients.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Master's of Social Work required
- Knowledge of State ofAlaskalaw, Federal/CMS regulations and Joint Commission standards
- Alaska State LCSW or LMSW required
- 1-3 years Hospital Social Work or Case Management preferred, as LCSW
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker Case Management
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-7640