HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Therapist in Anchorage, Alaska
Full Time (rotating weekends)
Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Speech Therapist.
Questions? Contact Karen Nay, recruiter atKaren.Nay@hcahealthcare.comor call/text at (385) 237-7440.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment for select roles and facilities.
As a Speech Therapist at our facility you will find out what it truly means to be a part of a collaborative team where diversity and inclusion thrive. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. Join us in our efforts to better our community! In this role:
- You will be responsible for direct assessment and speech pathology intervention, based on the interdisciplinary treatment plan and established priorities.
- You will conduct diagnostic evaluations, including recommendations for treatment and provision of that treatment when indicated, in the areas of speech, expressive and receptive language, cognition, oral functioning/swallowing, and voice deficits as related to injury, illness, or developmental difficulty.
- You will determine the need for appropriate referrals of other specialists for consultation and/or treatment and consult with the primary physician regarding these needs and disposition of referrals.
- You will plan and deliver effective co-treatments with Physical and Occupational Therapists.
- You will effectively develop home programs and complete family training.
- You will attend staff and other meetings and participate in unit committees, such as education, quality improvement, etc.
- You will maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends in Speech Pathology and participate in program development and establishment of new procedures, service lines, and changes as needed.
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of an accredited Speech Pathology program
- State of Alaska Speech Therapist License required
- Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association preferred and/or must be obtained within 12 months of hire
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- One year acute/rehab experience preferred
- MBSS and FEES credential preferred
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Therapist
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-7738