Lincoln Financial Group Lead Voluntary Claims in Annapolis, Maryland
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 72582
The Role at a Glance
As a Lead Examiner, you will perform and deliver on routine and progressively more non-routine Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident claims independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. You will work independently processing increasingly complex claims ensuring the fair, ethical and timely processing of assigned claims. You will mentor and support other less experienced Claims Examiners on the team.
What you'll be doing
• Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
• Works overtime as needed.
• Works independently delivering on routine but progressively more non-routine work, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
• Makes routine and progressively more non routine decisions independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
• Shares a diverse range of knowledge and information and/or enables less experienced team members to perform their assignments.
• Performs a diverse range of tasks and transactions related to common programs and services by directly applying expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations.
• Reviews and processes increasingly complex assigned claims for payment or denial independently in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meeting departmental quality and production standards.
• Acts as the first point of contact for escalated issues coming into their work group to provide resolution. Escalates issue to their manager when needed.
• Provides responses and a diverse range of claims information to team members less routine questions without supervision.
• Reviews and provides information to increasingly complex questions or concerns from internal or external stakeholders (for example, internal partners, policyholders, brokers, etc.) without supervision in accordance with the established procedures and guidelines.
• Obtains needed increasingly complex claim information by communicating effectively with internal and/or external stakeholders verbally and in written form while maintaining a professional demeanor in all interactions.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of submitted claims.
• Provides customer service to internal and/or external stakeholders, recognizes what needs to be done to meet customer needs and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to meet customer needs independently.
• Recognizes increasingly complex issues/concerns for assigned area of responsibility, explains effect on the customer's service experience and suggests process improvements.
What we’re looking for
• High School or GED (Minimum Required)
• 3 - 5+ Years of claims/liability experience in group insurance OR for candidates with an Associates degree or above, 0-1 year claims/liability experience directly aligned to the specific responsibilities directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this role (Required)
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits (https://hrdirectdocs.lfg.com/misc/HR/Recruiting/BenefitsResourcesGuide.pdf)
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $41,500 - $74,100
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group helps people to plan, protect and retire with confidence. As of Dec. 31, 2022, approximately 16 million customers trust our guidance and solutions across four core businesses – annuities, life insurance, group protection and retirement plan services. As of September 30, 2023, the company had $290 billion in end-of-period account balances, net of reinsurance. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. Learn more at LincolnFinancial.com.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive (https://www.lfg.com/public/aboutus/companyoverview/diversityinclusion?audience_page_id=1422918942386) environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lincolnfinancialgroup) , Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/lincolnfingroup) , LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/4307?trkInfo=tas%3Alincoln+financial%2Cidx%3A3-1-3&trk=tyah) , and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lincolnfingroup/) . Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov) notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov/es) avisos.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs