United States Steel Electrical/Mechanical Technician, BRS in Arkansas
12215BRJob Description:U. S. Steel is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
**Digital assessment test is required to be completed within 14 days of submitting application.
Objective of the Job:
#1– Safety, complete all tasks safely. Complete inspections in very good detail. Ensure policies, procedures and all activities are carried out to support BR2 goals and objectives. Support Operation & Maintenance team as necessary. Commit to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of Safety, Reliability and Performance in all activities required or assigned and together we will be successful.
Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure to conduct a complete risk and safety assessment prior to each activity, correctly resolve any risks or safety concerns then execute activity in safest manner possible.
Ensure all environmental and quality requirements and “where applicable” Responsible Steel and other organizational policies and procedures are followed as required.
3) Analyzes and repairs electro-mechanical equipment, fixtures, and process control equipment including processors, sensors, drives, instrumentations, including TIA portal (PLC) other automated machines, controls, MCC’s, relays, breakers, communication systems (Fiber & Profinet), VFD’s ABB & Vacon, Soft starts ABB, and Siemens Semicode relays.
4) Learn and become proficient with complex power loss and power restore procedures applicable to each emergency generator (480v) within the first 14 months from date of hire. Very important!
5) Follow detailed instructions for inspections and fill out with 100% accuracy.
6) Must become proficient in all Mechanical, Electrical, and Control aspects of the equipment. You must develop the capability of rapidly and accurately trouble shoot problems, determine safe and correct course of action, and effect repairs in safe and effective manner.
7) You must also learn how to operate the HMI system control to understand how the system works which aids in safe, effective, and rapid trouble shooting and repair.
8) Providing safe and timely mechanical and electrical support.
9) You must adapt preventative maintenance mindset including installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within the water treatment areas. This will be expanded to include other areas as experience is gained.
10) Execute preventive maintenance, calibration, and work orders according to plans and or instructions.
11) Must have the ability and be willing to twist, turn, walk, bend, kneel, stand, properly lift items more than 35lbs. Proper lifting methods are always to be followed. If uncertain of proper methods “STOP” and ask.
12) Must be able to read and understand electrical drawings / mechanical is a plus!
13) Ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained to a high standard across the entire Water treatment facility.
14) Assist with plant shutdown planning and execution.
15) Work to implement continuous improvement initiatives /projects in the utilities.
16) Must possess and utilize effective verbal and written communications skills.
17) Employee must complete safety training within the required time frames.
18) Employee must maintain attendance and good standing in accordance with company policies.
19) Employee must be willing to obtain additional training and an maintain any applicable certifications as required.
20) Must effectively communicate and coordinate effectively and accurately at shift change and with all facility departments as necessary.
21) Employee must be willing to travel which may include overnight stays if required.
1) Strong working knowledge of 480 volt 3 -phase, 120v & 24vdc distribution systems.
2) PLC experience with TIA portal and or Allen Bradley, HMI WinCC, & IBA
3) Strong technical / problem solving skills (Electrical/Mechanical)
4) Must be willing to cover any shift for any reason, willing to work overtime when needed and report to work if requested during days off.
5) Must be capable of demonstrating electrical safety and troubleshooting requirements.
6) Proficient using a computer and or be willing to learn various programs and data entry systems necessary to support all appropriate work applications.
7) Must effectively engage and support all maintenance activities and contribute to the team’s effort of meeting established objectives and goals.
8) Must be able to perform in a team environment, working well with the entire plant.
9) Experience performing laser alignment machine.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
1) Water treatment area is an outdoor environment, extreme temperatures, at times high noise levels, Dusty /greasy areas, wet, & icy.
2) Working at heights at times
3) Schedule is a 4 on 4 off rotating shift working days to nights, includes weekends and holidays
4) A physically demanding job, will be required to work in extreme range of weather and temperature conditions from hot to below freezing, stand for extended periods of time, safely climb flights of stairs or ladders, walk, kneel, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
This position does not supervise others.
Auto req ID:12215BRCompany:Exploratory Ventures, LLC Posting Title:Electrical/Mechanical Technician, BRSState/Province:Arkansas Company Overview:
U. S. Steel is a leading steel producer founded in 1901. Today, we’re a greener company with an infinitely recyclable product, the world’s only LEED-certified steel mill, and an ambitious plan to reduce emissions. We make products that make everyday life possible - automotive, construction, appliance, energy, container, and packaging industries all benefit from our innovation.
We show pride in our communities with company-sponsored employee volunteer programs, corporate contributions, partnerships in support of education, scholarships for our next generation of leaders, and many other programs.
We are continually recognized for our commitment to our employees, most recently as a Most Loved Workplace (Newsweek 2021- 2022), a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation 2020-2022), a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion (Disability Equality Index 2021-2022), and World's Most Ethical Companies (2023). It’s easy to see why U. S. Steel employees take Pride in Our Past as we Build the Future, United by Steel.
Conducting business with integrity and with the highest ethical values has underpinned U. S. Steel’s success for over 100 years, and it remains critical to our company’s success in the future. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status. (California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)
At U. S. Steel all employees are expected to display the following core competencies every day to advance corporate, team and individual goals:
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results