United States Steel Hot Mill Operator/Mill Adjuster, BRS in Arkansas
12221BRJob Description:U. S. Steel is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
**Digital assessment test is required to be completed within 14 days of submitting application.
Objective of the Job:
Ensure policies, procedures, and all activities are carried out to support BRS goals and objectives at the Hot Strip Mill on their respective crew assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Ensure Safety, Environmental, Quality requirements and “where applicable” ResponsibleSteel requirements are followed.
2) Ensure good housekeeping practices are carried out in job areas and grounds.
3) Ensuring proper control and operation of the Mill in a safe manner; ensuring quality of products according to customer requirements.
4) Safely run overhead cranes with remote and any other equipment as needed.
5) Assist team with operations and/or maintenance of the Hot Strip Mill; communicate with the Mill Operator on any issues or defects and coordination of roll changes; assist Shift Supervisor and keep them informed of pertinent issues; communicate with Caster Operations as needed to support CSP proper functions.
6) Assist with maintenance and repairs during downtimes and outages; LOTO Leader or verifier.
7) Support other departments as needed to strengthen BRS profitability and continual improvement efforts. Qualifications:
1) Quality, detail, and safety oriented; mechanically inclined and self-motivated
2) Good insight into team dynamics with strong verbal communication skills and computer literate
3) Ability to work without direct supervision
4) High School diploma or equivalent; college degree a plus
5) Strong understanding of Hot Mill operations, defects, and previous steel mill experience
6) Previous Hot Mill experience is required
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The environment is typical for a steel mill production area, with extreme temperatures, high noise levels, and dusty/greasy areas. Physically demanding work will be required in the production environment and the ability to routinely lift and move heavy objects during shift is required. Typical work hours are 12-hour shifts, which rotate days and nights. This results in working some weekends/holidays and overtime.
This position does not supervise others.Auto req ID:12221BRCompany:Exploratory Ventures, LLC Posting Title:Hot Mill Operator/Mill Adjuster, BRSState/Province:Arkansas Company Overview:
U. S. Steel is a leading steel producer founded in 1901. Today, we’re a greener company with an infinitely recyclable product, the world’s only LEED-certified steel mill, and an ambitious plan to reduce emissions. We make products that make everyday life possible - automotive, construction, appliance, energy, container, and packaging industries all benefit from our innovation.
We show pride in our communities with company-sponsored employee volunteer programs, corporate contributions, partnerships in support of education, scholarships for our next generation of leaders, and many other programs.
We are continually recognized for our commitment to our employees, most recently as a Most Loved Workplace (Newsweek 2021- 2022), a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation 2020-2022), a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion (Disability Equality Index 2021-2022), and World's Most Ethical Companies (2023). It’s easy to see why U. S. Steel employees take Pride in Our Past as we Build the Future, United by Steel.
Conducting business with integrity and with the highest ethical values has underpinned U. S. Steel’s success for over 100 years, and it remains critical to our company’s success in the future. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status. (California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)
At U. S. Steel all employees are expected to display the following core competencies every day to advance corporate, team and individual goals:
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results