United States Steel Push Pull Pickle Line Supervisor, BRS in Arkansas
12233BRJob Description:U. S. Steel is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
Objective of the Job:
Responsible for assisting the Plant Manager Finishing in overseeing the successful direction, planning and execution of all Push Pull Pickle Line Operations and initiatives. This also includes all policies; procedures and all activities are carried out to support BRS goals and objectives and Department Level
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Oversight of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality programs and “where applicable” Responsible Steel requirements; follow BRS directives and comply with regulatory requirements within scope of responsibility.
2) Assist Plant Manager Finishing in developing training programs to support employee integrity, competence and to ensure an effective Quality Management System.
3) Monitor the departmental organization and recommend appropriate changes to Plant Manager Finishing to meet or exceed BRS business needs.
4) Support other Departmental Leadership Teams to strengthen BRS profitability and continual improvements efforts. 5) Ensure policies, procedures and all activities are carried out to support BRS goals and objectives.
6) Ensure departmental operations and facilities are well maintained to support integrity of assets.
7) Work with Finishing Leadership Team to develop and maintain an operating budget for the department which satisfies the BRS Business Plan.
1) Strong Leadership and conflict management skills.
2) Strong technical and analytical/problem solving skills.
3) Good insight into team dynamics and a positive team player.
4) Good written and verbal communication skills, Computer literate.
5) Ability to demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism always and to hold employees accountable for the same.
6) Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
7) Minimum five years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
8) Previous related supervisory experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position requires the ability to work in office setting with daily tasks in the line, which could typically involve extreme environments from hot to cold. This position can require long hours, weekend and holiday coverage to support routine responsibilities and travel.
This position does supervise others.
Auto req ID:12233BRCompany:Big River Steel LLCPosting Title:Push Pull Pickle Line Supervisor, BRSState/Province:Arkansas Company Overview:
U. S. Steel is a leading steel producer founded in 1901. Today, we’re a greener company with an infinitely recyclable product, the world’s only LEED-certified steel mill, and an ambitious plan to reduce emissions. We make products that make everyday life possible - automotive, construction, appliance, energy, container, and packaging industries all benefit from our innovation.
We show pride in our communities with company-sponsored employee volunteer programs, corporate contributions, partnerships in support of education, scholarships for our next generation of leaders, and many other programs.
We are continually recognized for our commitment to our employees, most recently as a Most Loved Workplace (Newsweek 2021- 2022), a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation 2020-2022), a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion (Disability Equality Index 2021-2022), and World's Most Ethical Companies (2023). It’s easy to see why U. S. Steel employees take Pride in Our Past as we Build the Future, United by Steel.
Conducting business with integrity and with the highest ethical values has underpinned U. S. Steel’s success for over 100 years, and it remains critical to our company’s success in the future. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status. (California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)
At U. S. Steel all employees are expected to display the following core competencies every day to advance corporate, team and individual goals:
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results