Lockheed Martin Government Affairs Research Analyst and Project Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Description: This position will support the Space, Missile Defense, and Strategic team with a variety of projects and assignments in support of Government Affairs goals and deliverables.
The Analyst will have a full range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
• Directly supporting the SMDS Vice President as well as the Mission Area Director Leads for Military Space, Missile Defense, and Strategic portfolios.
• Activities will include representing SMDS/LMGA by engaging with U.S. government officials and direct customers, industry associations, third parties and indirect customers, and other U.S. companies to promote and protect LM solutions and to generate analysis that informs the SMDS team.
• Interfacing with internal stakeholders and customers across the Corporation to generate a consistent business message as well analyzing artifacts on policy and program related data.
• Facilitating engagements between LM leaders and USG officials by maintaining close coordination with USG officials to arrange meetings with industry and understand USG priorities, to include coordinating, developing, and tracking executive preparation materials for Corporate and USG leadership meetings and decisions.
• Providing strategic analysis needed for project development and support for Vice President-level and Mission Area leader presentations, to include organizing, writing, and conducting quality analysis of materials such as briefings, speeches, executive-level presentations, budgets. This will also include internal Corporate planning functions and exercises.
• Programmatic support will include keeping sold Protected Satellite Communications, THAAD, C2BMC, Aegis BMD/Ashore, Trident II D5LE2, & Minuteman III RSRV, as well as shaping the market to facilitate new businesses including Protected Comm Gapfiller, Next Generation Interceptor, LRDR Follow Ons, THAAD Evolution and Homeland Defense Underlay, Hypersonic Defense, ICBM Modernization, & NC3 Architecture.
• In coordination with Strategic Team Pillar Lead, special emphasis on leading all NC3 full spectrum campaign meetings and events within the National Capital Region.
• Assist the Policy and Strategic Engagement team with managing and executing LMGA’s IAMD Advocacy Campaign.
• As necessary, work closely with the Legislative team to track and input Presidential Budget submissions and Congressional actions on programs and regulatory provisions, as well as coordinating and editing programmatic white papers
• Act as SMDS Integrator with other LMGA teams and manage and support various cross-functional projects and working groups related to overall LMGA mission.
• 5-6 years of relevant professional experience.
• Exceptional written communication and presentation development skills with proven experience supporting senior level leaders.
• Efficient and effective planning and organizational skills, including extraordinary attention to detail.
• Strong proficiency in presentation development (PowerPoint), design and preparation.
• Political acumen, strong interest in national security cooperation and integrated strategic deterrence.
• Proficiency in research and analysis.
• Self-starter who can independently accomplish tasks; is proactive, flexible and takes initiative.
• The ability to multi-task and work well in a high-intensity environment.
• Budget management
• Secret clearance required.
• Prior experience and/or familiarity working with external customers.
• Prior experience with business development, industrial participation, and/or strategy.
• Proficiency in SharePoint, Box, Excel and other technical skills.
• Masters Degree
• LM Government Affairs experience
• Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance with Poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs