Hilton Sous Chef - Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia
Waldorf Astoria is looking for a Sous Chef to join the Culinary Team at this gorgeous Atlanta property! This is an exciting time to join the team as we recently opened the new restaurant, Brassica (https://www.atlantamagazine.com/dining-news/brassica-an-upscale-french-meets-southern-restaurant-is-now-open-at-the-waldorf-astoria/) .
Located in one of Atlanta's most prestigious neighborhoods, this 42-story tower has over 200 rooms (127 guest rooms plus residences), over 10,000 square feet of meeting space, and 3 food and beverage outlets. This includes the 3-meal restaurant, bar, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will support the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine in overseeing the culinary operation supervising a team across the 3 outlets, banquets, and the team member cafeteria.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a passion for creating unforgettable experiences, a dedication to excellence, and prior kitchen supervisory experience in an upscale environment.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website (https://www.waatl.com/) , Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/waldorfastoriaatlantabuckhead) , Instagram
What will I be doing?
A Sous Chef, will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S. (Hilton named #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S)
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education (https://newsroom.hilton.com/corporate/news/hilton-announces-new-education-benefit-through-partnership-with-guild-education): Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
Title: Sous Chef - Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead
Requisition ID: HOT09J97
- Hilton Jobs