HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Food and Nutrition Services Clerk/Cashier in Atlantis, Florida
Food and Nutrition Services Clerk/Cashier Food and Nutrition Services Department * *FT, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE JFK Medical Center * *Atlantis, FL
Originally named John F. Kennedy Hospital in honor of our nation's 35th president in 1966, JFK Medical Center has since grown into a multi-campus medical center with four Palm Beach County locations.
Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care medical and surgical facility known for its comprehensive services including: 24-hour emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences, general, minimally invasive & robotic surgery, orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. JFK Main is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center and an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We also offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach providing the same emergency treatment for adults and children as our hospital based ER, closer to home.
We are located in the City of Atlantis near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the beach, trendy restaurants and shopping malls, there is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of top clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while enjoying the benefits of Palm Beach County living.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. AtJFK Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment*
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Food Service Worker is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food service. These tasks include, but not limited to; tray assembly, portioning of food; preparation of snacks, tube feedings, and supplements; delivery of floor stock and special items to the units; delivery of patient meal trays into patients rooms. Ensures that all tasks are completed safely, and in strict adherence to Food and Nutrition cleaning /sanitation policies and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Process menus correctly by placing appropriate food items on patient trays during meal service.
- Delivers meal trays to patient rooms visually checking identification bracelet and calling patients name with affirmative response. Delivers pediatric trays to nursing station.
- Sets up and delivers patient late trays within 30 minutes of notification.
- Selects appropriate foods for therapeutic diets when preparing patient trays and late trays.
- Picks up and delivers p.o. supplements from pharmacy, for patients daily.
- Stocks tray line before and after meal service and as needed.
Cleans all work areas, walls, equipment, and storage areas after use according to departments policy and procedures.
One year of experience in healthcare food & nutrition services and clerical experience preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/Equivalent preferred _Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:_
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy – Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy – Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Communication – Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement – Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay _Special Demands: _
- Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read in English. _Physical Demands:_ Frequent variation in temperatures may occur walking through the kitchen area or into refrigerator/freezer. Moderate intermittent noise from kitchen equipment. The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body fluids, or other potentially-infectious materials is minimal. Requires the ability to exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Food and Nutrition Services Clerk/Cashier
Location: Florida-Atlantis-JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach
Requisition ID: 02873-14032