Cardinal Health Machine Operator - 12 Hour Nights in Augusta, Georgia
3-2-2-3 Rotating Schedule (D-Shift), 7:30pm - 7:30am
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Follow all safety rules and company policies.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment through continuous communication, participation in common goals, and providing products and services that meet our customer’s specifications.
- Use good judgment where decisions are required in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Read and follow instructions for each assigned task as described in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Manual.
- Perform tasks only for which the required training has been completed, approved, and documented.
- Perform product inspections according to training instructions and using basic measurement equipment and visual aids.
- Report / record information according to training instructions.
- Maintain a neat and organized work environment.
- Notify your team leader or supervisor immediately of any deviations or non-conformities encountered.
- Assist in the training of other employees when requested by your team leader or supervisor.
- Meet or exceed 100% of standard efficiency for your function.
- Follow team leader instructions.
- Notify the mechanic immediately in the event of a perceived product deviation and/or equipment malfunction.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs