HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Emergency Room in Augusta, Georgia
[Doctors Hospital of Augusta]
5,000 Sign on bonus available to qualified candidates
Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.Join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as anER RN.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
- Employee stock purchase program
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee discount program
At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. We are currently looking for a compassionate and dedicatedER RNto join our ER team.
As a Registered Nurse in theEmergency Room,you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care.We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment.**We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
- You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care with primary ED attending
- You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
- You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350 plus bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an Accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery.At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As anACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare,the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta,has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. * * We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Emergency Room
Location: Georgia-Augusta-Doctors Hospital of Augusta - Augusta
Requisition ID: 01417-13002