HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker III in Aurora, Colorado
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At The Medical Center of Aurora, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Case Management teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
This position is in our Behavioral Health Outpatient Department
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Social Worker III with us:
- You will assess the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the high-risk patients’ health and recovery
- You will complete initial assessments and treatment plans, documenting patients’ daily progress
- You will participate in treatment team meetings to discuss patients’ progress and assist with discharge planning needs
- You will be familiar/comfortable with individual, group, and family therapy as these are the primary modalities utilized at the Medical Center of Aurora
- You will utilize counseling skills and clinical knowledge in the assessment of these needs and provide appropriate care
- You will be responsible and accountable for coordination of treatment with an interdisciplinary team, which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patient and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Licensed mental health clinician (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, etc.) in the state of Colorado preferred
- Master Degree from an accredited university in Counseling, Social Work, MFT, Psychology, etc., required
- 3-5 years recent clinical experience in counseling in an acute care setting
- 5-7 years of recent clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Experience with working with a variety of issues and population, including adolescents, adults and geriatrics
- Experience with working with substance abuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, etc
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and able to work with highly diverse population
- Must be knowledgeable of State and Joint Commission standards
- Must have ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work in high stress environment
- Must be able to apply critical thinking and formulate diagnostic impressions based upon review of systems, history, symptoms and current presentation
- Must be able to provide crisis intervention and other duties as assigned by the department director or designee
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora was named to Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recruiter: Tami Hewitt-Email:Tamera.Hewitt@HCAHealthcare.com-Text/Call:303-229-0607
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker III
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-91410