HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Coordinator of Transplant, Nurse in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Coordinator of Transplant Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Transplant Coordinator like you to be a part of our team.
Working cooperatively as a member of the transplant team, you will be responsible for coordinating all the activities related to pre- and post-transplant patients. These activities include evaluating potential recipients and living donors; educating potential recipients, living donors, and post-transplant patients; providing consultative services and education to nursing services during the transplant recipient’s hospitalization; and coordinating follow-up care of the transplant patient. The St. David’s HealthCare Registered Nurse (SDHRN) will fulfill an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, you will collaborate with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care. The SDHRN will utilize physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The SDHRN will continue to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
You will participate in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction
* You will coordinate the assessment and evaluation of potential transplant recipient and living donor.
* You will provide education about transplantation to patients and their families.
* You will assess potential learning problems (language barrier, readiness to learn, etc.) and structures teaching sessions to meet individual needs
* You will assist nursing units in the care of all transplant patients to ensure proper admission and care of the hospitalized patients.
* You will coordinates and assures thorough and consistent follow-up care of the transplant recipient with the nephrologists, transplant surgeons, and other care providers.
* You will educates staff and community in the area of transplantation.
* You will rotate 24-hour call duty for donor screening, coordination of transplant team for deceased donor transplants, and triage of patient calls. St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital. St. David’s Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Transplant Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experience * Minimum of two years clinical nursing experience * One year critical care nursing experience; experience with renal transplantation or dialysis - preferred * Spanish speaking - preferred Education * Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program * Bachelor's or higher level degree - preferred Licenses and Certifications * Current Texas Registered Nurse (RN) License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License * Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David's HealthCare policy * Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification as per St David's HealthCare policy * Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator - preferred **
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Coordinator of Transplant, Nurse
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-75555