Abbott Senior Manager, Program Management in Austin, Texas
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm (CRM) Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies and devices that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
The primary function of Senior Manager, Project Management position is to manage key Margin & Profitability (M&P) Value Streams for the CRM Division. The incumbent will lead and direct key Value Streams, and associated resources, while collaborating across Business Unit leadership to drive and achieve division margin goals. Provide leadership and management of high impact change programs that significantly improve productivity and cost structure of CRM business. The scope will include both long term planning and roadmap development, as well as short-term execution of critical projects and programs.
This position reports to the Division Vice President, Commercial Services, Margin & Profitability.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Lead key division Margin & Profitability Value Streams, including execution of large scale / high impact initiatives and reporting of progress to Executive Leadership.
• Design and lead projects for long-term value creation; Determine the ‘what must happen/stay on track.’ Establish and evaluate key metrics; Drive results through innovative value creation and initiatives for continuous, measurable improvements
• Design assessment of external competitive analytics - Shareholder value creation
• Provide valuation models for material decisions to Abbott
• Offer thought-provoking questions to assist in Executive decision-making
• Collaborate and influence across Business Unit leadership and staff to assign goals, develop project funnels, support execution, and manage / mitigate risks.
• Develop & deploy sustaining tools and processes that will continue after the Value Stream “ends”
• Ensures that high impact programs are defined, resourced and implemented in order to achieve financial objectives as defined by both the Annual and Long-Range Plans. - performing bench marking and cost structure analysis to define significant opportunities for improvement.
• Collaborate closely with all functions to support the CRM journey
• Develop road-map for CRM Value Stream and execute to road-map milestones.
• Support and lead any key strategic initiatives and activities being driven by CRM organization to improve margin and productivity.
• Manage large-scale projects to reduce costs, reduce inventory investment, improve/streamline "go to market" strategies/processes and/or improve service to CRM customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
• Minimum 5+ years in a technical or business discipline
• 7+ years of project management experience, including successful oversight of large, complex projects or programs; Certification or equivalent working knowledge of improvement tools and methodologies – Lean/Six Sigma; Black Belt preferred. Project Management Certification is desirable.
• Thorough understanding of budgeting, project management, and resource management.
• Capable of developing solutions to complex problems.
• Extensive knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Strong negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills; ability to participate in an open environment where conflicts regarding priorities and funding decision can be aired and resolved objectively.
• Ability to express complex concepts both verbally and in writing to diverse groups of people.
• Results oriented with long term focus.
• Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with management at all levels.
• Facilitates translation of portfolio/program prioritization decisions into planning & execution of projects. Distributes project/portfolio information to all key personnel.
• Ability to instill trust, motivate and work with other people.
• Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for FDA regulated environment. Experience in operations management and knowledge of cost accounting/financial reporting systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs