Marriott Senior Sales Manager-Leisure/Travel Industry in Avon, Colorado
Job Number 22005014
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch, 0130 Daybreak Ridge, Avon, Colorado, United States
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for proactively soliciting business in luxury leisure sales. The position is accountable for handling large group or other customer segments related to opportunities with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties. Aligns customer profile with the appropriate product. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Turns business over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer interactions.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years of experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities and Driving Revenue
• Targets accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming opportunities for the property.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective sales plans and actions.
• Works with partners to develop creative ideas and proposals for events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Provides excellent customer sales service in order to grow share of the account.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Utilizes intranet for resources, templates, and information.
• Participates in site visits.
• Develops and facilitate execution of contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards through the sales process.
This position offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions. The salary range for this position is $59,813 to $116,236 annually.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs