BWX Technologies, Inc. UM Project Engineering in Barberton, Ohio
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven . Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,650 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com .
Unit Manager Project Engineering - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, Ohio
• Responsible for leading and coordinating a team of project engineers whose activities include control of engineering changes, establishment of commitments and preparation of proposals and technical justification for dispositions of production rejects.
• Plans project engineering department manpower, monitors performance of employees and costs
• Oversees, reviews, and leads development of requests for customer acceptance when production fails to meet contract technical requirements (DSR).
• Oversees change management process in conjunction with design and administrative procedures.
• Interfaces with customers and vendors as necessary to resolve technical issues and negotiate work scope changes.
• Holds a bachelor's degree in engineering and at least 5 years of experience.
• Strong communication and coordination skills, interest in working with multiple disciplines in support of product design and component manufacture.
• Strong leadership, coordination, project planning and technical writing skills
• Familiarization with non-destructive evaluation, destructive evaluation, manufacturing, structural/functional design, and application of technical specifications.
• Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DOE issued Security Clearance
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 and other health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
BWX Technologies, Inc.
- BWX Technologies, Inc. Jobs