Marriott Group Strategy Manager Philadelphia Cluster in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 22202407
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Americas Cluster Revenue East, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Evaluates opportunities for business originating from the sales organization and determines the optimal pricing options or alternative date/property options for each. The position facilitates the evaluation process to ensure a fast and accurate response is made to all sales leads. The Group Strategy Manager works to maximize revenue and profit by effectively calculating the displacement of other business and the price-point(s) that will make the business profitable. Serves as a "sales" and "customer" advocate for the hotel(s) on behalf of Revenue Management.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Responds to leads from Sales.
• Conducts business evaluation for sales leaders on group leads
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Understands and communicates the value of the brand name as it relates to franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
• Participates in quarterly regional reviews.
• Understands and accurately represents individual property sales needs.
• Develops and manages short and long term group and catering strategy for the property.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Performs displacement analysis.
• Determines pricing options for leads – group, transient and catering.
• Conducts need date evaluations and communicates information to Market Strategy and Revenue Analysis.
• Conducts Diary Audit.
• Creates group and catering forecasts for the property.
• Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott Jobs