Hilton Director of Human Resources - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, California
Department Overview :
The WaldorfAstoria Beverly Hills , recognized by Forbes Travel Guide for the thirdconsecutive year with the prestigious Five-Star hotel award designation, is seeking dynamic candidates who champion luxuryservice and operational excellence for the role of Director of Human Resources.
In addition to winning the ForbesFive-Star award three years in a row, the hotel has ranked in the 2017, 2018and 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards as a Top Hotel in Los Angeles, best new hotelon the 2018 Travel Leisure It List, Travel Leisure World’s Best Awards in2018 and 2019, and annually by the U.S News and World Report as a Top Hotel inLos Angeles.The hotel is an urban oasisin one of the world's most glamorous cities. Perfectly set where Wilshire andSanta Monica Boulevards meet, this elegant hotel represents the best inCalifornia lifestyle and luxury. Designed inside and out by the legendaryPierre-Yves Rochon, you'll find world-class service, lavish accommodations, andexcellence in every detail.
As the Director of Human Resources(Luxury), you will be responsible for the following key responsibilitiesincluding but not limited to:
- Retain in-depth knowledge of internaland external talent to facilitate succession planning and related talentdecisions to support the hotel’s prestigious luxury service delivery andoperational excellence
- Partner with GM/EC on quarterly talentreviews across departments and align with Hilton’s diversity benchmarks
- Ensure meaningful onboarding programsare in place for all new hires
- Personally participate in the selectionprocess for all management positions to ensure hotels select the best qualifiedcandidates and ensure Hilton’s interviewing process (BBI) is followed for allpositions
- Oversee, support and promote Hilton’sPerformance Management process
- Lead the implementation and delivery ofluxury service standards training and leadership development programs. EnsureTeam Members receive relevant training to perform their jobs and createexceptional luxury guest experiences in alignment with the Waldorf Astoriabrand
- Serve as a highly visible, participatoryleader who proactively and consistently engages with their GM/EC, HR team andTeam Members, external guests and communicates/presents HR Ops topics andinitiatives to key stakeholders (regional/hotel leadership, owners, TeamMembers)
- Serve as the hotel’s credible subjectmatter expert on all matters relating to Team Member engagement, luxury serviceand culture, performance management, CA labor & employment law, talentmanagement, compliance, leadership development, quality training and TeamMember relations
- Solely responsible for workplacestandards compliance with federal/California state and county/city lawsincluding but not limited to labor and employment laws and regulations, AAP,safety, immigration, etc.Payrollpractices relevant to CA DOL/wage & hour compliance must be auditedquarterly.
- Specifically possess subject matterexpertise in all aspects of labor relations by actively engaging in all aspectsof contract negotiations and the grievance process, and through active teammember engagement, seek to mitigate grievance volume
- Utilize human capital management systemwith accuracy and trains HR team and all Team Members on proper use includingTM self-service
- Maintain open lines of continuous,interactive communication with Team Members to ensure engagement and mitigaterisk
- Embrace, implement and support AmericasHR Operations KPIs and objectives as key business priorities defined each year
- Champion the Waldorf Astoria brandculture to inspire high-performing multi-cultural, multi-generational teamsthat build Hilton’s luxury talent pipeline
- Role model strategic business partnerstandards to actively contribute to business results
- Provide owner relations updates in keyareas of HR expertise as requested by the hotels’ General Manager (e.g. LaborRelations, California DOL/Wage & Hour, Compliance, Staffing Models)
- Ensure comprehensive People Plan is inplace, reviewed with the GM/EC and updated annually
- Mitigates risk from legal liability atall times for Hilton and owner stakeholders by connecting with RHRD or Hilton’sLegal/Labor Team prior to any significant Team Member disciplinary orperformance improvement action
- Serve as an ambassador of the WaldorfAstoria luxury brand engaging with Team Members through direct and meaningfulinteractions, leading by example, social media and digital tools
- Develop a recognition culture thatexists among Team Members and across all departments
- Cultivate and promote diversity andinclusion at the hotel and deliver on Hilton’s D&I objectives
- Ensure HR budget is prepared with focuson creating high-impact Team Member experiences, expenses are managed andvariances are monitored including workers' compensation, leased labor andunemployment insurance programs
- Ensure HR Basics are collectively inplace and applied
Minimum Education: BA/BSBachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: four (4) years combined experience as a Director of Human Resources orAssistant HR Director within the luxury hospitality or luxury retail industriesin California within a union environment
Subject matter expertise in California employment law including wage& hour compliance
- Management Experience (type): Management of Entire Department
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): 10% travel
- Core Competencies including but not limited to:
- Strategic Positioner: Able to position a business to win its market.
- Credible Activist: Able to build relationships of trust by having aproactive point of view.
- Paradox Navigator: Able to manage tensions inherent in business(including long-term and short-term tensions and top-down and bottom-uptensions.)
- Culture and Change Champion: Able to make change happen and manageorganizational culture.
- Human Capital Curator: Able to manage the flow of talent by developingpeople and leaders, driving individual performance and building technicaltalent.
- Total Rewards Steward: Able to manage employee well-being throughfinancial and non-financial rewards.
- Technology and Media Integrator: Able to use technology and socialmedia to drive and create high-performing organizations.
- Analytics Designer and Interpreter: Able to use analytics to improvedecision-making.
- Compliance Manager: Able to manage processes related to compliance by followingregulatory guidelines.
SHRM-SPHR or SHRM-SCP California Certification
Job: Human Resources
Title: Director of Human Resources - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
Requisition ID: HOT07E2A
- Hilton Jobs