US Foods Fish Cutter, Master Stock Yards Birmingham, AL in Birmingham, Alabama
ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE INTERNAL CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
Perform cutting and trimming of seafood according to customer specifications using company standards and adhering to all safety requirements. Able to keep within yield and time benchmarks.
$25/HOUR Benefits on Day 1!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare special cuts of fish product ordered by customers.
• Clean, scrape, trim, fillet, and/or portion fish for future processing.
• Weigh fish and tag containers for weight, contents and customer name
• Separate fish and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
• Prepare raw materials for further processing
• Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
• Perform duties quickly to meet all deadlines imposed.
• Portion cut and customize product to meet customer specs and company yields
• Count and stack on tray portions per desired customer and company specifications
• Label portion with supplied number product labels
• Needs to be able to read and understand cut tickets.
• Set up fish room as required
• Keep fish room and surrounding area clean and sanitized.
• Must adhere to USDA Safety and Sanitation regulations for food safety requirements.
• Work continually in a refrigerated environment 35°F- 45°F
• Complete miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
Education/Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Incumbent must have the ability to work in a fast-paced production environment. Ability to read and understand customers specifications and do basic math functions. Finish time is when work is completed and could require overtime without notice.
Skilled as a specialty fish cutter using knives required; preferred (5) years experience as a fish or meat cutter. Experience with laser portion machinery or other fish production equipment is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, or pork products preferred
Knowledge of USDA grades and standards as well as food safety is preferred.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
- US Foods Jobs