Lockheed Martin General Maintenance Worker in Blackstone, Virginia
Description: Job Description :
Lockheed Martin is looking for a General Maintenance Worker at 1718 Kemper Ave, Blackstone, VA. 23824 (Fort Pickett) The successful candidate will provide general training range maintenance support and other related tasks for Naval Special Warfare Command (NSWC). Troubleshoots general maintenance problems and determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications. Performs repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and basic electrical work. Duties also include: Target steel repair or replacement, camp maintenance, End User support and range cleaning.
Basic Qualifications :
- Possess excellent work ethic, verbal and written communication skills, and be detailed and accurate in performing all functions.
- Be able to operate a standalone computer without assistance and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess a valid, unencumbered state driver’s license.
- Be able to perform duties independently, with minimal oversight.
- Ability to process, track, and status work orders.
- Be capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted.
- Be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks and meeting stringent timelines.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance, and must have an interim secret clearance prior to start so therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Be proficient in basic electrical, plumbing, drywall, concrete, and metal fabrication to repair facilities.
- Trained to operate hand held power tools, skill saw, angle grinder, impact drill, and hand saw.
- Knowledgeable and able to operate forklifts.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs