Lockheed Martin Program Manager in Bothell, Washington
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description: At Lockheed Martin Laser & Sensor Systems we are driven to innovate, but also own the responsibility for ensuring that our innovations transition to those that need them most. We are looking for a high-performance professional with a proven track record of rigorous program and subcontract management to lead the development of next generation technology programs. This leader will be responsible for all programmatic elements including cost, schedule, technical, subcontract, and risk management. In addition, this leader will have responsibility for parallel technology developments at multiple Lockheed Martin and partner sites. We value your skills, training, and education, and hope you are as excited as we are to turn science fiction into reality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directs all phases of product development through prototype demonstration, customer training, and logistics support
• Acts as primary customer contact for program activities
• Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs, proposals, and/or or subsystems of major programs
• Leads in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and contractual terms and conditions
• Partners with business development and capture leaders to cultivate future contract opportunities that expand existing product lines with new or existing customers
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program challenges and drives to solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
• Coordinates program workload, team skillset selection, training recommendations, personnel growth, and performance feedback
• Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, both written and verbal, as well as formal presentation skills, including the ability to interface at all levels of management and customer organizations both locally and virtually
• Experience with the program performance management process (PPMP) and associated monthly financial business rhythms
• Proven subcontract management expertise
• Experience with the Common Operations System and Enterprise Product Data Management especially in the areas of procurement and material management
• Proficient with Microsoft office tools, including Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Highly organized, prompt and with the ability to scale messaging for all levels of the business
• Qualified candidate must have a final secret DoD security clearance prior to starting this position, which requires U.S. citizenship
• Self-starter with proven leadership ability, as well as demonstrated success working with limited supervision while coordinating activities with engineering, operations, supply chain, finance, quality, contracts and other program execution functions
• A team player that can lead diverse disciplines in multi-functional teams at all levels of the organization, including senior scientific and engineering subject matter experts
• A proven track record of program performance evidenced by timely delivery, on budget, and meeting or exceeding technical specifications
• Knowledge of Risk Management and a demonstrated understanding of the value of identifying and managing program risks, formulating risk burn down plans, and ensuring incorporation into project/program plans and schedules.
• Strong customer collaboration experience, specifically in the areas of contract modifications, engineering change proposals, and baseline establishment
• Ability to adapt to changing environments while meeting customer requirements and leveraging proven configuration control practices
• Experience with new business capture milestones, proposals and the cost estimating process
• Experience transitioning developmental technology into production
• Experience with high energy laser technologies and associated optical systems is beneficial, but is not required
• Experience with accelerated acquisition and procurement processes
• Aerospace & Defense Industry experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs