Cardinal Health Delivery Driver - Pharmacy Services (40 hours full-time) in Bronx, New York
What Pharmacy Services & Delivery contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for the prompt and accurate delivery and distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care providers in accordance with customer demand and requirements of the assigned route. Prepares doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with the prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT).
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacy Driver does at Cardinal Health
- 40 hours per week. Typically 8 hour shift working 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Weekday hours between the hours of 5:00 am – 5:00 pm. Weekend hours 2: 30 am - 10:30 am. Possible holiday rotation. Schedule provided at least one week in advance. Candidate must be flexible to work different days, schedules, hours or overtime based on business needs.
This position is benefit eligible the first day of employment. This includes medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, education assistance, 401K and more!
- Prepares and makes deliveries to customer accounts on assigned route using a company vehicle (non-cdl)
- Packages radiopharmaceutical medication for shipment, performs testing, and loads/unloads containers
- Uses a handheld tablet to scan customer orders for accuracy, obtain route stop information and navigation
- Processes packages returned from customer locations
- Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and may perform minor roadside repairs
- Performs general facility cleaning and other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have a good driving record
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Prior delivery driving experience a plus
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 55 pounds
- Comfortable driving in all weather conditions during day or night hours
- Ability to sit, stand, be mobile and operate a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed
- Ability to use computers and tablets
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs