HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics in Brownsville TX, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services.
What you will do in this role:
- The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe a therapeutic environment.
- Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement.
- When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment.
- Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff.
- Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
What qualification you will need:
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing Current TX RN licensure (or eligible for NCLEX) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification NRP within six months of hire STABLE within six months of hire for experienced RNs STABLE within one year of hire for New Graduates
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics
Location: Texas-Brownsville TX-Valley Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00187-6809