Merck Sr Scientist, Image Analytics, Data Science & Scientific Informatics in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Our team is a diverse collection of data scientists, bioinformaticians, and engineers, all working towards the same goal – enabling and accelerating the next generation of pharmaceutical sciences. We collaborate closely with laboratory and in silico scientists, proposing and implementing innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities.
Scientists in the Image Analytics Team within the Data Science and Scientific Informatics team develop techniques for quantitative analysis of multi-dimensional images, focused on the development of biomarkers supporting drug development. The team considers a wide range of modalities, including histology, CT, MRI, PET, and confocal microscopy, as well as related methods such as mass spectrometry and flow cytometry. A successful applicant will apply image processing, signal processing, machine learning, and data mining techniques to extract and automate extraction of meaningful information from these high-dimensional, multi-modality datasets. The position will collaborate with scientists and clinicians across the entire breadth of the pharmaceutical pipeline, from discovery to clinical assessment. The position presents an opportunity to apply cutting-edge data analysis techniques to an emerging field with exciting and impactful applications in drug discovery and development.
· Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics, or can demonstrate equivalent qualifications in related fields
Required Experience and Skills:
· Solid knowledge and hands-on experience in areas such as machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining, image processing, computer vision, signal processing, bioinformatics, and statistics
· Experience in biomedical image processing in a medical, healthcare and/or pharmaceutical domain
· Fluency in at least one programming language, e.g. python, R, C++, java
· Demonstrated ability to engage research scientists in many fields, including an eagerness to acquire a level of domain knowledge
· Ability to manage project schedule, communicate with collaborators, and deliver results on a timely basis
· Ability to conduct research and apply proper mathematical and computation tools to move projects forward independently or with proper guidance from senior team members
· Ability to write scientific report and research articles and conduct scientific presentations
· Excellent team player
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Experience in deep learning packages such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet
· Experience in high performance computing, GPU computing, and Cloud computing
· Experience in handling histology images e.g. H&E, IHC
· Knowledge in bioinformatics and genomics
· Experience with big data tools e.g. Hadoop, Spark
· Experience in analyzing multimodal datasets
· Publication history in related fields
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocgina_supplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R84766
- Merck Jobs