Lockheed Martin Mechanical HVAC Engineer in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). The program’s two primary operating locations are Vandenberg AFB, CA and Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services. This position will work with a team delivering analysis, procedures, projects and related maintenance that support spacecraft preparations for launch
Responsibilities of this entry level HVAC Engineer will include:
• Planning, procedure development, generation of work authorizing documents, and real-time operations and oversight
• Develop maintenance requirements and documentation for complex HVAC Systems based on Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis.
• Operate and maintain facility HVAC systems to include water-cooled centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, fan-wall air-handling units, glycol process coolers, and purge systems.
• Investigate and troubleshoot anomalies
• Prepare work orders to disposition system problems
• Implement upgrades and design projects
• Prepare and update drawings, plans, and procedures
• Prepare purchase requisitions
• Perform special tests and investigations
Must be a self-motivated, critical thinker willing to work in a Matrix-type environment.
The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering, or similar, from an accredited college.
Must be a US citizen and able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and documentation skills.
Ability to read, interpret, and apply mechanical system codes, drawings and specifications.
Internship/Experience in the following are desired:
• Developing technical documentation including system configuration documentation and process & instrumentation diagrams
• Facility and component maintenance
• Planning, scheduling, design, or project implementation
• Familiarity with cleanroom systems and Direct Digital Controls (DDCs)
• Design, Analysis, Operation and Maintenance of thermal or HVAC Systems. Heat transfer analysis experience a plus.
• Familiarity with the following: ASHRAE Standards; EPA and NFPA Standards; Predictive Maintenance Technologies (PdM); and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) practices.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.