Lockheed Martin Design Engineering Chief Draftsman, Associate Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are looking for a Design Engineering Chief Draftsman - Associate Manager. In this role, you will assist the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program design engineering management by assuming leadership responsibilities for those design checkers assigned to mechanical and electrical verification tasks. You will act as the primary liaison providing consistent design and verification requirements knowledge and techniques across missile, support equipment, reentry, facilities design, and even customer document delivery processes. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all design disclosure and related documentation is properly checked for soundness and efficiency
- Ensuring simplicity and be responsible that the design checking team maintains consistent levels of document completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy
- Ensuring legacy CAD and CREO modeling design drafting techniques are properly integrated and remain current, including having knowledge of correct application of materials and processes, conformity to design and drafting standards, design specifications, practicability, and economy of fabrication, assembly and installation are maintained
- Provide technical direction throughout the program
- Provide mentoring when needed, and be the central point of contact for drafting manual and ASME standards interpretation
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Extensive mechanical design and manufacturing experience, including design check and verification
- Advanced knowledge of CAD modeling, (such as Creo, I-Deas, etc.) and drafting and release experience
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5M including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience processing documentation using Windchill (or equivalent) to document workflows (EPDM)
- Experienced interpreting and working with centralized procedures (such as Common Integrated Process Systems or CIPS) and other requirements documentation
- Familiar with composites, additive manufacturing, cabling, and electrical packaging
- Proficient interpreting and defining DSR 1 through DSR 6 requirements
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Active Top Secret security clearance; US Citizenship required
- Mechanical and Electrical Checking experience
- Drafting/Checker Certified
- Experience with Zuken
- Prior experience working on a Space or Missile system program
- Experience in performing Systems Engineering functions related to requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
- Conducting or participating in design reviews
- Excellent Communication liaison skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and manage multiple assignments and customers simultaneously
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs