Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.Do you want to be part of a company that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products?If so, then we would love to speak with you! Lockheed Martin Space is a highly dynamic and growing organization that provides mission-critical solutions from the development and maintenance of satellite systems through their life cycle. Our amazing employees are on a mission to make a difference in the world; every single day we use our ingenuity and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is here and includes fields such as artificial intelligence and machine-learning, robotics, nanotechnology, 3-D printing, and genetics and biotechnology.
Over the next five years enormous change is predicted in the skill sets needed to thrive in the new landscape. Lockheed Martin Space challenges you to join the team that will apply these emerging digital skills, are you ready?
What does this role look like?
This dynamic position will serve as a strong foundation for continued development as a systems engineer.
• Support of field centers and facilities and supporting the operational readiness and safety systems.
• Learn the craft of problem investigations: root cause analysis and corrective action implementation support, surveillance and monitoring of deployed systems, watching for changes or degradation to the system, streamline operations.
• Supports various system analyses in support of mission planning and execution.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. "
Masters degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college/university. This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Coursework in college level physics. Knowledge and or training in the integration of requirements, design and technology during the design and development of complex systems. Knowledge of product development and associated development life cycle. Missile/aerospace related education/background. C++, MATLAB a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
- Lockheed Martin Jobs