BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Software Engineer in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Provides application design, analysis, programming, testing and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of information systems solutions.
BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate .
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate complex information systems.
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- 1 year - Experience with information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards required
- 3 years - Systems and programming experience required
- 1 year - Expert working knowledge of at least one programming language in use at BCBST.
- Proven skill with information technology in use at BCBST is required
- Proven analysis, design, and coding skills, and demonstrated success in leading large and complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Be organized, reliable, and able to manage multiple tasks with exceptional work ethic.
- Leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
Job Specific Requirements:
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Experience in middleware technologies and integration platforms such as SOA, ESB, EAI, etc. with primary focus on the design and development of large scale and complex enterprise grade solutions
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using the IBM middleware stack including WebSphere Message Broker/IIB and MQ or equivalent Enterprise level platform.
- Experience with messaging technologies and concepts such as JMS, MQ, Correlation ID, Queue, Topic, Point to Point Model, Publish-Subscribe Model
- Experience developing and maintain SOA/ Integration Frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in a mid to large SOA organization
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statements:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices (https://www.bcbst.com/docs/equal-employment-opportunity.pdf)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
All applicants will be advised that BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Jobs